Monday, November 5, 2007

Halloween

Ok, I'm getting a little behind. I'll start with Halloween, since I'm already behind on field stuff. I love halloween, and they do a pretty good job of it down here. Regardless of the day of the week, main street shuts down and the whole town comes out in costume. If nothing else, it's a good excuse to tap total strangers on the shoulder and ask to take their picture. (top photo was the New Idria field pumpkin. Hilde asked for suggestions on how to make it scarier; I think the bags under the eyes made him look resigned to trying to scare.....)

Ze French (and not total strangers; among them are some applied mathematicians/statisticians).

Pascale and I are Singing In The Rain.
We thought this guy is supposed to be Prince??

And a couple of goodies from Halloweens past. I don't think anything will ever top the halloween my first year here...
The famous jellyfish of Santa Cruz. All in all, a brilliant costume (Halloween '04)
Jem and the Holograms. That pink hair was the bane of my existence for the next couple of days, but making the guitars was a ton of fun.....(Halloween 04)
Sora, Kena and I are not in costume. We really are mad scientists (Halloween '06).

No comments: