Monday, February 16, 2009

A different kind of Valentine

I celebrated Valentine’s Day with my new love, ‘Bea. I know, we’re not supposed to love material possessions, but I’m hoping you all won’t judge me harshly. After all, do we ever really have control over love? We only met formally a couple of weeks ago, but it was love at first sight. Now, I can’t wait to get out of bed everyday just to see Bea and head to school together. I owe Mel for our meeting, and heard about Bea for weeks before we finally got together.
(Yeah, Bea's hot.)

The timing has been a little hard, as it often is, what with the rainy season finally coming, but we’re working through it and even making long-term plans. We've planned a long ride together this summer that I'm sure will really bring us together......

We celebrated today by watching the Tour of California come through town. Missed the boat on getting into the mountains to see them on the Bonny Doon road climb, but Pete said they were able to see Levi Leipheimer chase down the pack. When we saw them roll through town, he was in the lead with Thomas Peterson close on his heels, and the rest of the break and the Peloton a little ways back. And let me tell you, the support cars have a whole lot of fancy bicycles on them.
(spectators exhibiting alternate uses for spandex)
(the leaders: LL on the right and TP on the left. You might have to click on this photo to see the bigger version. What do you mean you can't tell???)
(the rest of the break. We're told there are other famous cyclists in the bunch. Can you find them?)(the Peloton. Trust me on this one)

If you'd like more useful news about the race, check out this news post, or if you're curious about some of the hazards of Santa Cruz Mountains road, check out this youtube video....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

BOO. I can't see the enlarged picture. (and, NO, I can't see anything in the small size you posted ;)

lucky you to get to watch the tour whizz past...

kes said...

Really? maybe it only works on my computer.

Remind me to pick your brain sometime. My friend Calla and I are planning to ride STP this summer, so I should get your advice...